Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Brain Dead

I'm running out of ideas for entries. Nothing comes to my head when I try to write something interesting on my blog. I must admit that lately, I have been brain-dead. I'm not sure what happened, and the scary part is, I don't know what to do to pump life into my brain again. I realised that when I was taking the MRT to Tiong Bahru to settle some issues with my tuition centre. Throughout the 3 minutes train ride and the journey to the 5th floor of Tiong Bahru Plaza, my head is completely empty instead of the usual times where thoughts are always running through my head.

My brain felt hollow (NO FUNNY JOKES NICK) and the whole thing feels like, sleepwalking with your eyes open. Nothing runs through your head but still, you are travelling towards your destination. The results of walking with your Ipod on your ears and spending the whole morning trying to find a more effective method of studying. When you're brain-dead, everything around me feels and looks as if I'm in a dream. Typical case of a living zombie.

Speaking of dreams, I am very curious to why people have them. For example, I had a dream where I could fly. I felt the adrenaline rush of flying and freefalling through my own Metropolis. Everything looked so realistic. Just when I felt so happy about the fact that I defied gravity, I woke up.

There was this feeling that my soul left my body during sleep and came back. Sometimes I wonder if that is really the case. I'm sure all of you had dreams before, dreams where you were so sure that everything is so real, and then comes the anti-climax part where you actually wake up and realised that you're still you, stuck in a world where you have to cope with the never-ending work and stress.

Why do dreams or every good thing end just as the most exciting thing is going to happen?




No comments: