Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back From Camp (Part 1)

Hello all!

I'm back from Titong Camp! I give my sincere thanks to the Camp Comm and the 10th Exco Committee for organising such a wonderful camp. I must say that through this we know each other better and became more bonded as a team. I hope that Xulong group will become the overall champion! It's not going to be easy but still we must fight for it! JIAYOU! Lemme do a little trademark cheer for you guys!

XULONG KE MAMA!
OLE OLE A A!
XULONG KE MAMA!
OLE OLE A A!

SHAKE IT UP!
YEAH!
SHAKE IT UP!
YEAH!
SHAKE IT UP!
SA SA LE!

I'm not sure whether I did it correctly or not, but I think it's like that. I hope that one day I can lead this cheer for Xulong. Unfortunately my voice isn't loud enough. Haha. This camp was really wild, with everyone getting soaked by buckets of water. Haha. If you have the patience, you can read my day-by-day account of the camp.

Day 1:
We met up at Pasir Ris MRT station. There were lots of people, but group Xulong looked as if half the population wasn't here. Thank goodness more arrived later. Boarded bus to the campsite. I thought that since it is at Costa Sands, I thought it would be like some chalet. Well, I was wrong, but heck, the place is great. Unpacked at the camp, there was some pre-camp briefing on the rules by the Camp Comm and
主任. After that there was ice-breaker and cheering. I was feeling a little uncomfortable as I hardly know everyone well enough. That's what the camp is about. I try to talk to as many of my group members as I can, hoping to learn their names and know more about them.

After that there was a talk about how to ask questions during interviews and also interviewing tips and techniques by Miss Wu Xiu Jin, who is a sports correspondent working for ZB. She is a good speaker and cracks us up by telling jokes and also playing games with us. Somehow, during that final round, I knew 主任's idol was Maria Sharapova, from the moment they guessed that the person is a tennis player. There was fun and laughter, but there was also learning and work done. Before this I've never imagined that interviewing someone would be complicated, I used to think it was easy. Now I know that there are many things behind just "Asking A Question and Jotting down the Answer". Yes I am ignorant, but I'm willing to learn.

Lunchtime, followed by games! The games were damn fun man... The rules were like this:

We have to complete a maximum of 8 stations in order to "rescue" our team leader. After completing each station we have a chance at the "Idioms Board", which requires us to use a ball and knock the words out of their positions. If we make one single idiom, we win the game! Unfortunately, I sincerely don't know what is wrong with our Chengyu board. Hit so many times also never fall off. Lawlz.. We got last.

We caught up at water games. Xulong is OWNAGE! I was cheering for them like some madman. Haha. I got really wet because Yuyue poured half a bucket of water on me. Somemore in the second round of water games, the holes in the container got much bigger, so it is harder to fill up 3 500ml bottles. The games were fun and really bonded Xulong as a team. We learnt how to work together.

Afterwards I went to change. There is something I want to say about
主任. I think he started sleeping at 1pm and by the time we ended our water games, it was about 4pm. Despite us making a din, he was still snoring like a pig. Hahaha. Hope he doesn't find out about this. If not he'll kill me.


No comments: