Friday, July 25, 2008

Kindred Spirits!

EDITED

Well, what can I say? Kindred Spirits will be one of the most memorable concerts I have ever been to. The performance was awesome, there were surprises, there were moments where you wish they would have an encore performance and there were moments that you wish that time would freeze at that particular moment. The emcees were brilliant and funny, with Emu, Mahdi and all. The dance crew that performed had so much energy, especially the breakers. I felt damn jealous as I'm also trying to learn but I'm still at the basics. It would take a really long time before I can do all those freezes and stuff.

Sat with Max during the first half of the show as I was late and I almost sat beside this old lady before Max called me. Saw TY, Brij, Karthik and Shant and other familiar faces. Oh yeah, the CHIJ dance was sexy. Really sexy. Those dancers are freaking flexible and I realized that my mouth was half open after their item. Haha. Met up with Samantha, Lizzi and Peter during the interval and sat with them on the 2nd level.

The performance during the 2nd half was not as good as the first half, but I had loads of surprises. Firstly, I didn't know that my RME teacher can sing pretty well and my HOL is a guitar god. Haha. Jerome's singing is fantastic but the other band's performance was a little bit boring. The concert ended on a high note and I was pretty much high from the concert and the people whom I met there.

It's been a really busy week with me studying for common tests and stuff, I was doing Geometric Properties of Circles until I went crazy and wanted to just throw my freaking math textbook out the window. I'm not really good at Geometry as it's this topic where you have to really stare at the diagram until you get sick of it. And DT said that video games make teenagers violent... Wait till I really go bonkers during her math class and start throwing calculators around. Studied Geography and Biology this week too. Sigh... I hate the new timetable. You have no breaks/ slack lessons from wednesday to friday. Why can't we have a 10 minute break after every 50 minutes of lessons just like St Paul's in HK?

Thank god there is the concert to help me relax. In fact, this concert got me so hyped that I couldn't sleep well at night. I woke up at three a.m with a million thoughts in my head. This shows that school is really taking its toll on me. And on one of the million thoughts that appeared in my mind was this girl, one whom I met during the concert. I shouldn't name who, but you know my heart was beating like crazy when I saw her. I'm not sure what to do, or what I can do. However, I know that something must be done because it stinks to feel this way. As much as I want to date a girl, there's always this voice inside of me that says "Study first" or "What is it that you have which will make someone fall in love with you? Better learn something that will impress the girls first". All these thoughts are rushing through my head and I don't know what to do. You try to ignore it but it just keeps coming back.

I'll end this post with something good that happened to me this week. I actually got level 10 for my HSK exam. I can even go to this top university in Shanghai for 10 days with the other top scorers. The expenses are all paid except for the tickets. Big bonus for me. The highest level that someone can get is level 11. Furthermore, this exam is taken back to Beijing for marking and the results are then emailed back to Singapore. With this certificate, I can become a primary school chinese teacher. Lolz. Anyway, I'm really satisfied with my results and this is a booster for me to study even harder.

No comments: