Friday, January 16, 2009

Someone just kill me

I thought I recovered from my flu till after inter-class. We got 7th position. Not a bad end but I believed that we could do better if we had been more serious. After inter-class my nose started to block like mad. I couldn't even pronounce the letter "N" properly. Woke up with a really sore throat, blocked nose and fever the next day. I couldn't go for training that day but still dragged my lifeless body to school. After this was just a routine cycle of taking medicine, sleeping, blowing nose, coughing... etc. Thank God that I still kept my previous supply of Panamol which helped lower my body temperature. It has been a constant struggle in the morning trying not to sleep despite taking 2 medicines which causes severe drowsiness.

To illustrate that point, I took the cough syrup in the afternoon at 3:30pm and went to sleep and around 3:45pm on Friday. I woke up at 7:48pm, wondering what the hell I was doing lying on my bed at such a time. Well, I won't elaborate on going to school with flu+fever+alot of shit, but now as I'm feeling much better, it's time to get back to some serious work. I need a speedy recovery, and cough out all the rubbish/garbage/sick stuff in my body.

I saw this prayer in my school diary today. Honestly this is the first time I've found a prayer so suited and powerful for me.


The Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary
that never was it known that anyone who
fled to your protection, implored your help
or sought your intercession, was left unaided
Inspired with this confidence, I fly to you,
O Virgins or virgins, my Mother
To you I come, before you I stand
sinful and sorrowful,
O Mother of the Word Incarnate.
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

No comments: