Saturday, November 8, 2008

Revive

Haven't blogged in a long long time. Guess there wasn't any urge to rant or bitch or what-have-you in this site. Well, I'm not going to delete this blog like my previous ones but I'm going to search for inspirations for my blog posts. I actually have an insipiration for one, but I decided that the issue is too erm... controversial if I actually typed what I feel. However, it's definately not about school or anything related to it. I would just like to post some random things and some updates here.

Random 1:

Well, I was at Popular a few months back looking at some assessment books so that my comprehension would improve. I was browsing a Longman's when I felt someone tap on my back. Turning around, I saw this Aunty and her daughter, who is probably in Primary School in front of me.

" Boy ah, 你有没有用过这牌的 foolscap paper?" *holds up a foolscap pad in front of me*

"没有,你想问什么?”

“ 我只是想问一下用这牌的 foolscap paper 写 Compo 好吗?”

At this point of time, I didn't really know what to say. So I gave her the

-__-" face.

“ 真得有那么重要吗?用其它牌子的纸有什么不同吗?”

Aunty's daughter glares at me and says

" OF COURSE GOT DIFFERENCE LA"

For all those who are sec 3 now, does what type of foolscap paper you use determine the quality of essays you write? It's not as if an unknown brand of foolscap will definately give you crap essays. During your PSLE or O'Levels you wouldn't even know what freaking brand of paper they provide for you. I think some parents go way too far to ensure that their child obtains good results. I think this is just a tip of the iceberg. I'm sure there are even parents who discuss about what brand of correction tape or liquid paper, what brand of mechanical pencil or pencil lead, or even worse, what brand of STAPLES is better for exams. What is the world coming to nowadays? I bet those great authors could even write a bestseller on toilet paper if they want while some who did not put any effort in improving their essays couldn't even pass their Paper 1 even if they write on freaking Gold Foil or something.

It's not about what your write on, it's about your abilities in writing. Abilties and not material.

Random 2:

I'm really excited about my trip to Shanghai. There were more than 50 people who attended the briefing today. I even spotted my Primary school friend. The world is getting smaller. Fudan University... It's gonna be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me to participate in a program like this. I will definately learn a many things, take many photos and buy many things! It's just two more weeks!

Random 3:

I sprained my finger during training and now it's swelling and it kinda hurts. It would definately affect my performance in further trainings so I hope that it would recover soon. I need to train to play next year and right now, there are definately loads of stuff that I need to catch up. Like my catching and tackling.

More random stuff:

I'm in love with Assasin's Creed, Call Of Duty: World At War, Prince of Persia 08 amd Devil May Cry 4. In a perfect world, I wanna buy ALL. In my case, I can buy... None. I'm hoping I can get Assasin's Creed from Yustynn later. It looks like a really cool and realistic game

I need to train my B-boy. It's been so long since I tried to break. I'm not giving it up, or else my blisters will not be worth it.

Time flies......

No comments: