Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cardiac Revival

It's high time I start updating my blog. So much things have been happening lately, especially with all the events in school. Teachers are trying to cramp or make use of all the time available to make sure that they finish the topics for mid-year before the end of next week. For the past week I have been attending Geography Extra Lesson, Chinese O level Oral Prelims, struggling with Logarithms, mind-mapping my way through Biology, killing my brain cells in Physics and pinching myself during Chemistry lesson. Something tells me that I am so dead for my mid-year exams, which is like... 10% of your overall performance. Here I am, trying desperately to salvage my studies, overloading my brain with information. Sometimes I wonder whether one day I would have a mental breakdown and blank out totally during my exams. It's time for a short break Jerry.

I got that one day to relax last friday after training and went for the Fantasia VII concert organised by the CHIJ Toa Payoh Concert Band. The concert was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I shouted "Encore" at the top of my lungs over and over again in the CJC Performing Arts Centre. I really loved the Percussions performance and the song called Domus, and the whole medly of Teresa Teng's Songs. The person who sang her songs has a really sweet voice and I can see that they have a really passionate conductor, a.k.a Playmaker or Lenard! Amos was shouting "Let's Go Lenard Let's Go!" during the show. It was really retarded and funny. Overall, I think the IJ band has done a good job organising the show. Short and Sweet with some of the best songs played by the IJ band. Well, it makes me sure that if tickets are out for Fantasia VIII, I would definately be watching.

After the concert I went out to dinner with Lizzi, Hillary, her friends, and the SJI guys from HK Xchange Program '07 and Daniel Seow. It was a crazy time with them. The guys were singing SJI songs loudly in CJC, sung Pirates of The Carribean themes, sang to the music of the IJ band, and I actually sang one of those chinese songs that was being played, it was "何日君再来" I think. There was also a really funny incident that happened on the bus to Central. Lemme try to re-enact the scene for you.

When we were on board the bus, I was standing at the upper deck with the guys. Apparently I was a little too tall for the bus ceiling and I could feel my hair brushing on the ceiling. Along the way people needed to get off so I had to move from the back to the front of the bus. Upon reaching our destination, Hillary said this to me.

Hillary: Jerry you're dead, you make Cheryl cry.
Me: Huh? Who's Cheryl? What did I do?
(Sees a girl doing the wipe-tear action)
Me: What happened?
(Hillary keeps quiet)

I was feeling super guilty la, since making people cry was not my forte. Finally, Hillary told me the truth when we were walking down the underpass to Toa Payoh HDB Hub.

Me: Tell me leh...

Hillary (Laughing when she said this): You know, on the bus right, you walked back and forth, then my friend say you sweep the ceiling twice!

Me: -_-"

The whole thing was super funny. Now that was creative compared to jokes about my surname which I have heard a billion times since Primary School. Honestly, it was the first time I laughed so hard since the whole "Mid-Year Frenzy" started. Ate dinner at KFC, went home super late feeling super high. I can say that sometimes I'm a loner. Thinking back, it's the first time or second time this year that I actually went out with my friends for more that 3 hours. It's not that I hate being with friends, but my stupid schedule just prevents me from going out with them.

Through yesterday I learnt that my life is completely unbalanced. I need more outings with friends! Maybe not in SJI of course, since everyone's mugging for mid-year now. Sometimes I need more leisure time. If not I'll go bonkers. Thanks alot to the IJ gals and SJI guys. Haha

No comments: