Friday, January 4, 2008

Exhaustion? Mentally Unprepared?

First day of school. What can I say? Life in 335 is tough. The first thing I found out is that they changed our class names from 33+ or 32+ into some stupid system called 3G 1/2/3. Don't get what I mean? Let me tell you. My class is called 3G2-2, which means it's a Sec "3" class on the "2nd" floor, "2nd" class from the left. 3G2-2. Geddit? Form teacher is Ms Tracy Goh and Mrs Deborah Tan. My opinions? They're teachers who teach REALLY FAST. OMG. You have to catch up and write notes real fast. Tracy Goh can be quite an interesting Literature teacher. You should have listened to her saying the "Singaporean Version" of the scene between "Egeus and Lysander". It's damn funny I tell you. Egeus was scolding Lysander for making his daughter fall in love with him.

Egeus: This man hath bewitched the bosom of my child,

Thou! Thou! Lysander Thou hast given her rhymes and interchanged Love Tokens with my child.

Thou hast by moonlight at her window sung, with feigning voice, verses of feigning love

And sto'ln the impression of her fantasy, with bracelets of hair, rings, gauds, conceits,

knacks, trifles, nosegays, sweetmeats- Messengers of strong prevailment in unhardened youth.

With cunning has thou filched my daughter's heart, turn her obedience, which is due to me, to stubborn harshness.

That's what the book says. Here's what Tracy Goh said:

Egeus: You! You! Lysander This man has cast a spell on my daughter (Seduced). You have given her stupid poetry and exchanged love tokens with her. You sing love songs to her under my HDB flat, with your stupid voice and stolen her heart with your friendship bands, toys and lollipops. Blah blah blah. She is an interesting teacher.

Our English teacher also quite cool. Mrs Gloria Cheng. I shall not bother explaining why . A little lazy here. Our physics teacher is sadist and crazy. He is none other than Mr Michael Chin. First thing he did when he came into our class, he said:

"EH? Where's my Sri Lankan Scholars? Cannot be what... This is ridiculous!" (Walks out of classroom). WTF! He talks to himself, makes stupid jokes and expects us to laugh, and he gives homework like.. Every lesson. Everytime he tells us that we have homework with that stupid smile of his.... But still, he is a good teacher. Just kinda crazy that's all.

Enough about teachers. Here's what I feel about Sec 3. It's basically the end of our playtime and the playful attitude of 208'07. They mean business, and they will not repeat whatever they say. You have competition. Intense competition. You have to juggle between CCA and Schoolwork. There's shitloads of homework everyday, the topics are getting harder and harder. Shoot. I need to find my way out of this mess.

No comments: