Tuesday, April 13, 2010

BUSY!!!

Hi blog.

Seems I've left you alone for quite some time. There hasn't been much free time for me to blog since school and CCA started. Life has been busy, with all the lecture-tutorial system draining the life out of me, ending school at 4:30pm despite having loads of breaks. Honestly I would rather have many lessons crammed together and go home early instead of having loads of breaks and end school late. Sometimes that's just the way the world works. Fair? I think so. Even as I'm typing this, which I shouldn't because the opportunity cost for me doing so would be too great (unfinished work and all), but sometimes the need to do a little reflection really helps alot. SJI thing, ya know. Hahaha. Even as the years pass, even as you hate doing so much reflections in school, when you actually leave the place, the habit sort of sticks with you for perhaps a lifetime. I miss SJI. I really do.

But that's beside the point. I realised that as I have many more tasks to manage in my life, I tend to really lose control of my priorities. Let's see the upcoming tasks for this week.

1. Revise and complete tutorials in time.
2. Practise Guitar Competition pieces
3. Practise my Grade 5 guitar stuff.
4. Math Tuition
5. GP Tution (Yes my GP is not good)
6. Guitar Competition on Saturday
7. Titong Meeting on Sunday which is super extremely important.

For task number 1, I fail terribly at it. Procrastinating is not what I'm supposed to be doing right now. And yet, my attention span on my work is less than 20 minutes. Curse this attitude of mine. Sometimes I ask myself why. Why this is happening to me. A voice inside me always responds by saying "Because you're not strong enough".

2. Competition's on saturday. I won't spend too much time harping on it. I just hope that my first performance goes well. I did spend alot of time on it, at least practising during the weekends or when I get home from CCA. So much so that my own Grade 5 pieces have been neglected to the point that I still have to sight read my exam pieces. I need to squeeze time into practising my exam pieces.

3. Won't say too much on my tuition. Although I would really appreciate the free time to go gym or something since I'm getting unfit and my tummy's becoming bigger, it's what I have to do in order to at least understand what's going on in school. Sometimes I wished I was a genius, but who doesn't? Just got to suck it up.

4. Titong stuff. Yes I do enjoy what I'm doing, but it's not without its difficulties. Especially when I have such high expectations on this year's Exco Invesiture. It's going to be a whole new concept, and there are definately alot of things that we have to work on. Yes it is frustrating and tiring sometimes, but I'm not going to give up. I'll see it through no matter what. So please work with me, and let's create the best Exco Invesiture ever.

Anyway, sometimes I really feel damn tired, to the point where I can just fall asleep on my desk. Of course, in reality I can't really do that since I have loads of stuff to catch up. Who isn't tired nowadays? The most important thing is how you are able to persevere on and keep moving even though your brain tells you "It's enough". So I'll have to keep on walking, even if guided by sheer willpower alone.

No comments: