Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy CNY.... Maybe

I'm not pessimistic about Chinese New Year. After all, it is an occasion where families get together and sit around the table for a reunion dinner, catch up about all the things they have done recently, be it investments or business or schoolwork. Then they will go visiting relative's houses to collect Red Packets and perhaps sell some Fun-O-Rama coupons. Hahahaha. It is a time to rejoice in the reunion of families and just immerse yourself in the warmth and comfort of your family.

All those scenarios described above, does not usually fit me. I won't whine about how I have no relatives in Singapore because most of them are like... in different parts of the world. but being denied experiences like these made me cynical about CNY. Although I do collect Red Packets from my parents, well I still feel that all those "festivities" and the "mood" is missing. To make matters worse, my mom left Singapore to Europe for a businesstrip during CNY eve because there is some telecomm show held by the people there.

Nicely done, ang-mohs. Don't you know this appointment is made 5000 years ago already?

So here I am, typing this post because there is this irritating sense of emptiness inside of me, emptiness cause perhaps by loneliness and alot of other things. Oh well, since I'm an " I " person (MBTI thing), I should be okay with it. After all, I've been living with myself for so long.

Happy Chinese Valentine's Day Everyone

No comments: